Friday, June 29, 2012

All Together Now

I have spent the last couple of weeks putting together a piece for the "All Together Now" Beatles tribute show being held at Gallery Nucleus on Saturday July 7th. Part of the proceeds will be benefiting Doctors Without Borders. It was an interesting challenge for me since I paint almost exclusively in Photoshop these days. I knew that I was going to have to dust off the old art supply bin for this one. I started by creating the concept digitally.

 I thought I would feature all of the animals from Beatles songs. I added in a few other references too.

I decided to use acrylics on board. I wanted to make the image dimensional so I painted each character and cut them out.


All that was left, was putting it all together.


Here are a couple more details:


So, there it is. It was hard to get back into the rhythm of traditional media, but it was a lot of fun. It makes me want to do it more. I can't wait for the show. It is going to feature some amazing artists (including my talented husband, David Au). You can check out his progress here. Hope you all can make it to the show!

2 comments:

  1. I love it Dawn! That is so amazing, and the 3d effect of cut outs adds so much to it. I can't wait to see it in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Awesome Dawn! I love the three dimensional effect! You are so talented! I love the pig too!:)

    ReplyDelete